Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Missed this Feeling

I’ve missed this feeling of butterflies,
Of delicate wings tickling my tummy,
Of feeling laughter bubbling up,
This feeling of being happy.
I’ve missed this time of silliness,
Of always feeling giddy,
Doodling hearts for a reason,
The need to be witty.
Dancing around in my pj’s,
Singing songs until my voice cracks,
Spinning in circles and staring into space,
Realizing how much my life lacks.
I’ve missed giggling and being hyper,
Missed my heart beating fast,
Missed accidentally blushing,
Thinking how long it would last.
I feel like chains have been removed,
And it’s like I could fly,
The wind beckoning softly,
If only I lift my wings and try.
I’ve missed this feeling,
Of laughter and delight,
The butterflies, the wings,
Feeling like everything is right.

~Bri~

No comments: